PubMed and Google Scholar are search engines, which require you to enter keywords that reflect your research interests, scan thousands of results to find exactly what you need, and then repeat the process as needed.
Meta takes the guesswork out of keeping up with the literature and makes it faster and easier to discover the papers you need. With Meta, you follow your research interests, and then receive automatic updates containing recent papers that match those interests, ranked according to impact. Meta uses feeds to keep you up to date, and you can create as many as you like.
Meta has additional features to help researchers stay up to date, such as:
- Article ranking to make it easy to find the most relevant and impactful papers as soon as they are published;
- Recommendations and related concepts to help you discover relevant papers in seconds, explore research topics in greater depth, spot emerging trends, and make connections between fields that can lead to new research questions;
- Quick view of abstracts so you can quickly decide which incoming papers are critical to your research;
- Access to full-text articles through your academic institution;
- Preprints to help you stay on the cutting-edge of research;
- Reference manager integration to simplify your research routine.